With diethylenetriamine bound covalently in side chains of bead-form cellulose:
The concentration of functional groups in the sorbent is 0.4 mmol/g min. Iontosorb DETA has a high selectivity for heavy metal ions, above all for Cooper and Cobalt, which makes this sorbent capable of catching them even from ammoniac media. Its selectivity is so high as to absorb the above ions even in presence of chelating agents such as EDTA sodium salt (Complexone 3®) or cyanides. Iontosorb DETA may also be used for separating gold, platinum, palladium and rhodium one from another.
The sorption capacity for chosen metals depending on pH is given in the Figure:
|Porozity Type||Particle Size [μm]|
|30 - 50|
|50 - 80|
|80 - 100|
|100 - 250|
|250 - 500|
Where to continue?
- ↑ UP THIS PAGE.
- → IONTOSORB OXIN is a sorbent with fixed 8-hydroxyquinoline.
- → IONTOSORB SALICYL is a sorbent with fixed salicylic acid.
- → IONTOSORB DTTA is a sorbent with fixed diethylenetriaminetetraacetic acid.
- → IONTOSORB EDTA is a sorbent with fixed ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA).
- → IONTOSORB DTPA is a sorbent with fixed diethylenetriaminepantaacetic acid (DTPA).
- → IONTOSORB IDA is a sorbent with fixed iminodiacetic acid. Proper as a sorbent for IMAC.
- → Test Kit for Chelating Sorbents I for Research Work
- → Test Kit for Chelating Sorbents II for Research Work